Claremore firefighters don protective gear to check out noxious fumes at Lake Oologah Mobile Home Park in the Tacora Hills area after a man went down on Monday night. OTEMS medics treated the man, who had passed out and was gasping for air, and transported him to Hillcrest Hospital Claremore for further treatment.
According to Josh Copeland, acting battalion chief, Northwest firefighters and OTEMS medics smelled a strong odor at the scene. Copeland directed the evacuation of nearby trailers and called in the Claremore haz-mat team to investigate.
Rogers County Sheriff’s Office spokesman Capt. Jerry Smittle said the man was gutting a trailer and nicked the ammonia line when he pulled an old refrigerator, releasing the substance in the refrigerator.